NYCI is offering training to young people and those who work with young people who are prepared to 'do something' in the run up to or during One World Week 2015. The two hour training is designed to give you an understanding of this year’s theme and the confidence to deliver some of the suggested activities with your groups. This is a fun training with a focus on experiential learning.
Who Should Participate?
Young people and youth leaders. (*Note: minimum 10 participants per session).
Training will be offered until the 2nd week in November.
At your organisation or youth group.
(*Training will be delivered on a first come first served and regional basis, so it is important to get in touch as soon as possible if you wish to avail of training).
Training will address some of the key happenings in 2015 including:
- The Pope’s Encyclical - social and environmental concerns
- The Climate - COP21 - negotiations
- The European Year for Development
- Ireland celebrating 60 years membership of the United Nations
- The launch of a New National Youth Strategy for Ireland and what this means
The free One World Week resource will support further exploration of the issues.
This training aims to:
- Introduce One World Week and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Use activities from the free OWW educational resource and explore how to adapt to particular youth work, community and educational settings
- Highlight the OWW 2015 Youth Summit on the Sustainable Development Goals in the RDS, Dublin on Thursday, November 19th
- Explore practical ways of getting involved in OWW 2015
- Have fun!
If you would like to host a training please contact Valerie by email: email@example.com or phone: 01- 4784122
Don't forget to book your place NOW: CHANGE THE WORLD! YOUth Summit on November 19th http://www.nycitraining.org/courses/change-world-youth-summit-sustainable-development-goals